Oh, Winter. You’re here! I guess that means it’s sweater weather. I admit, winter is not my favorite season—bless its heart—but it does offer cute and cozy outfit ideas. I’m talking about pairing sweaters and bralettes.
What’s a bralette, you ask?
Well, it’s sort of like combining a crop top and a bra ... like a bra with lacy straps or a fancy back that’s meant to be seen. So, no more worrying about if your straps are showing, you actually want them to! Bralettes can add the perfect delicate touch to your outfit. Here are a few tips and styling ideas when trying this trend.
1. Look for bralettes that have support or padding. Or, do like I do, and wear them over your normal bra (just make sure the straps on each line up).
2. Keep in mind that lace on the cups might show if you are wearing it with a thinner fabric. Thicker fabrics usually work better.
3. When wearing them with a sweater or sweatshirt, make sure the neck of the top is wide enough so the straps are seen. Better yet, go with a sweater that can be worn one shoulder style. I’ve been known to cut the neck wider on a few sweatshirts from Target to achieve this look.
4. Wear them as you would a crop top. Try it with a maxi skirt, high-waisted jeans or a pencil skirt. Tie on a plaid shirt or other button down for a cute layered look.
5. Be unique and pair a bralette with a tutu skirt for a fun outfit for a holiday party. Too much skin? Just add a fitted jacket or tie a short length cardigan over top. Leave the buttons open so you still see the bralette.
6. Take your lounge wear up a notch by wearing a bralette under a long sweater with long socks, or under a button-up shirt with leggings.
Ready to give them a try? Awesome! Let’s hit the stores and pair some outfits! Target and Aerie (in Spotsylvania Towne Centre) have cute options! I’ll meet you there with coffee and cozy, warm vibes.