Can ya'll hear that? It's the collective sigh of relief from parents everywhere that the kids are headed back to school. The end of summer is near...and while I do have mixed feelings about both of my kids being in all day school now, I am ready for them to spread their wings and fly.
Regardless if I am ready for them to go back or not, time isn't stopping, and neither is the weather. Back to school and this time of year always makes me excited and ready for fall. Call me crazy, but I swear I can smell the pumpkin spice already. Anyone else? No??
How about we forget the pumpkin spice and just talk about fall style instead? I thought for this blog post, i'd try something new. Using the app Polyvore I created a flat lay of outfits that I will most likely be wearing this fall. Polyvore is a really fun app; if you don’t have it, you should try it! It’s basically like a digital catalog of clothing that you can put together into outfits. You can even purchase the pieces that you use in your flat lay. I always filter what I’m searching for for items under $100 or under $50, depending on the item. Anyway, here's a few layouts of things I will by wearing this fall. And, if I don't already have this (or something similar) in my closet, it may just be on its way to me...I can neither confirm nor deny that claim. There's also a "situation" with my closet, which is exactly why I can't confirm any purchases. Fear not, I will go into more detail about it in another post.
For now though, let's discuss this flat lay. It just so happens to feature a lot of my favorite things: faux leather, denim, stripes, leopard print and plaid. Most of these items, I already have, or I have something similar. Except for the "Less whine more wine" shirt. I'm going to need that one. But then again, I cannot at this time, confirm any new purchases. I love layered looks - it's probably my favorite thing about cooler weather. And, yes of course, the shoes I picked for this are mostly heels. But if you prefer flats, or chunkier heels, they are interchangeable. Do you love these looks? Well, you are in luck! I'm going to list where to buy each each item. And you can also shop directly in the Polvore app. Just search for me - Rain-In-Style - and it should bring up this set, and others. Best part is, all of these pieces are mix and match...you can swap them around and they will still work with each outfit.
- Black faux leather jacket- my favorite jacket. Find it here
- Striped Dress- my favorite style from H&M. Find it here
- Leopard scarf- find it here
- Denim Jacket- I have a few in my closet, not this exact one, but I like the wash on this one, find it here.
- Black Top- This one is a crop top, but feel free to swap it with a fitted tank or tshirt. Find it here
- Striped Skirt- Another of my favorites from H&M. Find it here
- Plaid scarf- This one is sold out, but I found a similar one on Amazon, and it comes in lots of colors! Find it here
- Graphic Tee- This one is sold out, boo. But Amazon has a similar one, find it here
- Olive Jacket- an anorak style jacket is one of my favorite fall things. Mine is a bit more fitted than the one here (Mine is by Olive and Oak). Find this one here
- Distressed Skinny Jeans- These are sold out, but they are from H&M. My favorite brands for jeans are J Brand, Mavi, Kan Can and Kensie.
- White drop earrings- These are by Kendra Scott, and come in a variety of colors. Find them here
- Rose gold circle earrings- love these, and I might order them. By Baublebar! Find them here
- Gold bar pendant necklace- find it here
- Burgundy earrings- Kendra Scott and Burgundy? Yes please. They are sold out, but I found similar ones on Amazon, here
- Red bag- Find it here
- Black bag- This one is sold out, but was from H&M. I am very sad about that, as it was in my cart. I will search for a similar one.
- Black wedge bootie- DSW has a ton of cute black booties. I love these wedge ones, find them here
- Black heeled bootie- From Kohls, find them here
- Leopard print heels- My favs are by Sam Edelman, but these are cute too. Find them here
What do you think? Can you smell the pumpkin spice now? Are you a summer forever type of person, or bring on the extra tall pumpkin spice latte kind of person? Either way, we can all agree that fall brings some really great style choices. I will have a few more of these flat lays as we move closer to fall. I think I might be getting addicted to Polyvore. It's like Candy Crush but for the style addicts. LOL.
Join me next week for more style fun. And, don't judge me if you see me out and about town bundled up hoping for fall weather. Rest assured, I will be the first in line for the pumpkin spice lattes and I will drink it as I anxiously await the first leaf to change color. I love fall.