- Category: Fitness & Motherhood
- Posted on Wednesday, February 17, 2016
For the month of February we focus on what we love and care about. Since having kids I enjoy the Valentine holiday even more. I love making the cute Pinterest Valentine cards for the kids classmates, putting hearts on their bedroom doors telling them what I love about them and eating heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. My Valentine holiday sure looks a lot different now then it did while dating my husband or marriage pre-kids but I wouldn’t change a thing!
Valentine’s Day is usually about the people you love; family and friends but it is also a time to think about the other aspects of your life that you love. I love so many parts of my life, all of them actually! I have amazing family and friends and a job that I LOVE! I wish all people could say that!
I am the owner of Fit4MomFredericksburg which is a Fit4Mom franchise. I have owned the franchise for 5 ½ years. Before purchasing the franchise I was a kindergarten teacher. I loved teaching but wanted to be home with my kids and when the opportunity of owning Fit4Mom came up I did it! My mom was listening to a business podcast and heard Lisa Druxman, the founder of Fit4Mom talking. She looked online and found that the Fredericksburg location was currently for sale, seemed like fate!
Within a month I had purchased the franchise and became trained to teach group fitness classes. Everything was moving so quickly and because I had signed my teaching contract for the next year I went back to teaching for one more year. I had another instructor teach for my fitness classes during the week and I taught evening and weekend classes. It was a crazy and busy first year of my business but it was all worth it!
Fast forward to 5 years later and I am teaching Stroller Strides classes in the morning and Body Back classes in the evening. I have had and have some amazing instructors who teach great classes and I am very grateful for! For those of you who aren’t familiar with Fit4Mom it is a fitness group that caters to all moms regardless of their stage of motherhood. My location offers Stroller Strides and Body Back classes. Stroller Strides classes are a full body workout that moms bring their little ones to. We involve the children in classes by singing songs, reading books and blowing bubbles. Body Back is a boot camp style class that is offered in sessions. These classes are just for the women, no babies this time but we do offer childcare on site!
Now if you’re wondering why I love my job and Fit4Mom so much here it is;
- Fit4Mom allows me to bring my children with me to work. I am able to be with them all day and never miss any of their milestones or activities. I can also work the business side of Fit4Mom at home during naptime.
- Attending Fit4Mom classes allows me and the other moms to make new friends. Being a stay at home mom is hard, you can get lonely and by attending classes you will meet new friends. Over the last five years I have made so many new lifelong friendships. The friendships built in classes usually carries over to playdates and our monthly Mom’s Night Outs. It’s so important for moms to have an outlet and Fit4Mom is amazing at embracing all women.
- Moms’ friendships aren’t the only relationships that are being formed at classes. The kids attend classes together all week and play after class at our weekly playgroups. There’s nothing cuter than a whole bunch of little ones who are running around together having a great time. My kids birthday parties are always full of Fit4Mom kids!
- The quote, “Children are great imitators, so give them something great to imitate,” has never been so true. Our children see us workout daily, that gives them a positive outlook on exercise. They see exercise as fun, something to do with friends and that making healthy choices is a priority. There are not many toddlers that can perform squats, burpees and jumping jacks but the Fit4Mom kids can! There have been countless times where my children have lunged down store aisles, held plank in the living room and done tricep dips on our front steps. Instead of leaving your children in the gym daycare while you workout your children are right alongside you watching you and seeing you as a positive role model.
- A perk of teaching Fit4Mom classes throughout the week is that I get to spend my mornings with cute babies and kids. We have a great time together singing and playing. Of course there are days when we have some cranky little ones and that is okay too, that just means that I get to hold them!
- The obvious positive about Fit4Mom is the workout. Each class that you attend is a full body workout and incorporates so many fun elements that most of the time you don’t even feel like you are working out!
As you can see Fit4Mom is amazing! I LOVE every aspect of my job. I know it sounds corny but when I say I am truly the luckiest woman in the world to do this everyday! I love bringing fitness, friendship and the feeling of community to moms in this area. I am so thankful that my mom heard that podcast, my life and the life of my family would be so different right now!