We are grateful for the local nonprofits that serve the families and youth in our community. Our Top Ten Tuesday today is in honor of Giving Tuesday, highlighting a few of our favorite nonprofits in FXBG.
This is by no means a comprehensive list. Click the organization’s name to more learn about them. (This list is in no particular order.)
- Rappahannock Area YMCA – Provides health and community facilities for all ages and communities.
- Rappahannock Area Community Services Board – Provides services for mental health, developmental disability, substance use disorder, early intervention and prevention.
- Cooking Autism, Inc. – Supplies monetary, material, curriculum, and logistical support for in-school programs that focus on teaching children with neurological disorders (including autism) how to cook
- S.E.R.V.E – Primary mission is to provide emergency food pantry assistance to Stafford families in critical need of food support.
- Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank – Helps to provide nutritious food to over 31,000 people through their network of 160 community partners operating more than 260 food assistance programs.
- Loisann’s Hope House – Mission is to quickly move children and their families from homelessness to housing.
- Gwyneth’s Gift – Raises community and national awareness regarding the education of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and the use of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs).
- Fairy Godmother Project – Alleviates the day-to-day stress through emotional and financial support for families facing pediatric cancer, providing the caregivers with more time and less stress allowing them to better support their families during difficult times.
- Ellie’s Elves – Focus on assisting families facing cancer and other illnesses, support through clothing and food for foster care families and a helping hand for families who have suffered traumatic life events like house fires.
- Mary’s Shelter – Provides housing and a Christ-centered program of guidance and support for women facing a crisis during pregnancy.
Top Ten Tuesday is powered by