The Community Foundation advocates for the vitality and well-being of the Rappahannock River Region. Its mission is to build a flourishing philanthropic community and strives to be the authority in fostering charitable giving.
It all started with a small group of philanthropic individuals who formally incorporated the Community Foundation in 1997. By the fall of 1998, the Foundation began its formal operations and presently manages nearly 200 funds with more than $25 million in assets.
The Fredericksburg-based nonprofit works to enhance the quality of life, managing and distributing charitable giving in Stafford, Spotsylvania, King George, and Caroline counties, as well as the City of Fredericksburg.
As one of more than 750 independent community foundations in the nation and one of 28 in Virginia, the Community Foundation has earned the National Standards Seal from the Council of Foundations for obtaining the highest standards for grant-making integrity and accountability. For nearly 25 years, its donors have made a positive impact by establishing about 170 funds that collectively give more than $2,000,000 to local nonprofits, churches, and schools annually. Through the Foundation, individuals, families, and businesses give to shelters, clinics, museums, habitats, and more.
The following are the core values of the organization:
- Stewardship: to be exemplary stewards of charitable resources, operating with the highest standards of integrity.
- Inspiration: to inspire charitable giving in the diverse communities it serves.
- Collaboration: to foster and create partnerships that make profound and measurable differences in the quality of life in the community.
- Vision: leaders committed to responsibly accomplishing its goals and achieving remarkable outcomes.
- Accountability: to measure and share with donors the impact their philanthropy creates in the community.
Making an online gift to any fund at The Community Foundation is easy. For information about donating stock or donating by check or wire transfer and any other assistance with gift-giving, contact the staff at 540-373-9292, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about the ways the organization enhances the community, visit cfrrr.org/impact.