Kings Dominion, the region’s premier amusement park, will reopen for the summer season on May 22, 2021. Guests can expect a safe return to fun including some of their favorite thrills, special events, new dining experiences and updated COVID-19 protocols.
In accordance with CDC guidelines and Virginia’s reopening plan, the park has also made updates to its detailed operating protocols:
- All guests age 5 and older who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear a face covering outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained except on water attractions, while in Soak City Waterpark, or in RelaxZones, and while indoors unless actively eating or drinking.
- Face coverings are not required for fully vaccinated guests.
- Reservations will continue to be required for Kings Dominion and Soak City Waterpark. Both Season Passholders and Single Day Ticketholders will need reservations.
In addition to the return of park favorites and more than 60 rides, shows and attractions, guests can delight in new entertainment, new attractions, and all-new dining experiences this season:
- Coconut Shores – The redesigned area of Soak City Water Park features two new family-friendly attractions including Sand Dune Lagoon, a mini-wave pool for kids, and Lighthouse Landing, a multi-level aqua play structure. Families can refuel for more fun at Beach Street, an all-new food truck-themed dining experience. Soak City opens to the public on June 19, 2021.
- New Eats and Treats – Guests can enjoy dozens of delicious combinations at Grain & Grill International Kitchen, the park’s new signature dining location. The culinary team is also introducing overloaded gourmet hot dogs at Dogwood’s Grille, and other delicious signature items.
- The Return of Grand Carnivale – The park’s immersive international celebration returns July 17 through August 1. Guests can experience food, drinks and entertainment inspired by countries from around the world.
- New Shows and Live Entertainment – A total of five new shows will delight guests of all ages this season including PEANUTS Block Party where guests can dance and sing with Snoopy and the gang to top hits. Additionally, new live music and entertainment options will delight guests throughout Soak City and the Candy Apple Grove midways with top hits and classic favorites.
“The wait is finally over and we are so very excited to welcome our guests back to the park,” said Bridgette Bywater, Kings Dominion vice president and general manager. “This has been a difficult year and a half for many, so it feels good knowing that Kings Dominion is a fun place where people can finally get out in a safe environment, have an amazing experience, and make some new lifelong memories with their family and friends.”
Guests can experience all the fun and thrills this season, including season-long access to enjoy Grand Carnivale, Fall celebrations and WinterFest, with a 2020 or 2021 Gold Season Pass or the free Kings Dominion Pre-K Pass which grants complimentary admission all season to kids ages 3 – 5.
Reservations or dated tickets are required. Visit kingsdominion.com/WelcomeBack for more information.
For a complete list of park hours and more information on how the park is welcoming guests back safely, visit kingsdominion.com
Employment opportunities are currently available throughout the park, and a virtual hiring process has been deployed so applicants can apply and interview in-person or remotely. Positions start at $13 an hour, with lifeguard roles starting at $15 an hour. Interested applicants can apply online at kingsdominion.com/jobs.