By Lenora Kruk-Mullanaphy
If your children love to move to the music, then this month’s Family Favorite, Fredericksburg Studio of the Arts (FSA), is the place to be. Students here grow in all forms of dance, music and performance education. The staff, led by Artistic Director/CEO Laura Romani Matter, has taught and performed professionally in dance, music and theater. Fredericksburg Studio of the Arts is committed to producing talented dancers and musicians to be successful by instilling determination, confidence and a strong work ethic.
Classes featured at FSA include:
- Good for children at any age, ballet is a classic form of stylized and controlled movement.
- Creative Movement. Designed for young learners ages 3-4 years old to learn proper technique, terminology, basic dance moves, and coordination.
- Hip Hop. Students learn appreciation for hip-hop music and culture while preforming core fundamentals of dance like locking, popping, and other styles.
- Kids studying this common form of dance pick up the basic steps, vocabulary, and variations of jazz dance.
- Musical Theatre. Using Broadway-style choreography, stage presence and acting students learn song-and-dance numbers from a variety of musical productions.
- Pre-Ballet. Kids learn the basic movements of ballet skills in this class.
- Designed for advanced students, this form of dance compasses the act of standing on the tips of the toes while performing steps from ballet.
- With a focus on show tap, students learn rhythms, timing, and leg/foot coordination done to various types of music.
- In this class students will work on their physical ability in dance. Stretching, turns, leaps, and vocabulary are the main focus of this class.
FSA is located at 6328 Five Mile Centre Park (Suite 408-410) in Fredericksburg. For more information, visit www.fredericksburgstudio.com, call (540) 548-1FSA (1372) or email info@FredericksburgStudio.com.