By Leigha Pecher
Be A Santa to A Senior
Visit www.beasantatoasenior.com to find a senior in need this holiday season! You can also find out which local senior care centers are accepting volunteers to help distribute gifts or wrap gifts.
Christmas Challenge! Let’s fill the donation bins and help make this holiday special for local families struggling with unforeseen circumstances like a cancer diagnosis, house fire and emergency foster care placements. Various Drop off locations. Check them out on Facebook for locations and more info:
• Financial Donations Accepted via PayPal
• Donate new toys to include Legos, sports equipment, STEM kits, board games and more! Complete list and helpful links on Ellie’s Elves Facebook page
Fredericksburg Area Food Bank
Donate food, money or volunteer your time! You can host a virtual food drive, too! Visit www.fredfood.org
Micah Ecumenical Ministries
Make a donation, or give the gift of your time. Sign up.
Rappahannock United Way – Holiday Giving
• Make a financial donation
Salvation Army – Rescue Christmas
Sign up for the below programs:
• Volunteer to Ring the Bell! In-person or virtually! Runs through Dec. 24. Sign up.
• Adopt an online Angel tree child or senior! Sign up.
• Red Kettle Challenge! Raise money for those in need this holiday season! Sign up.
• Teen Christmas Program! Accepts donated gift cards for Stafford County high school students in need.
• Christmas Basket of Food. Donate money and/or food to help prepare a basket of favorite holiday foods to local families in need.
• In-person volunteer slots available too!
Spotsy County’s Holiday Hope
• Volunteer: Unwrapped items will be distributed to participating families. We will provide families with wrapping paper, scissors and tape in order to wrap gifts so the whole family can be involved and participate in the giving process!
Stable Home Partners
Keys for Christmas! Help end homelessness for some local families in the FXBG area by Christmas Eve! Donate furniture or become a Landlord partner. Sign up.
Stafford County’s Holiday Program
Sponsors can donate gifts for children/teens, non-perishable food items and/or grocery store gift cards. Check out most requested items and more info.
• Due Dates: Drop-offs are Dec. 7-11 at the Old Moncure Elementary School (75 Moncure Ln, Stafford).
Stafford County Sheriff’s Office Holiday Toy Drive
New, unwrapped toys are due by Dec. 11. Drop off: SCSO, 1225 Courthouse Rd, Stafford, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Stafford Food Security
ALL non-perishable food items accepted at SFS HQ:
282 Deacon Rd in South Stafford daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other drop-off sites available. See locations here. Stay tuned to Facebook for gift wrapping events and more!
Help sponsor a holiday dinner box for a local family in need or sponsor an Angel Tree Family for a local Stafford County family. Learn more.
Angel Tree. Nov 14 – Jan 4. Located near the Spotsy Mall Food Court and select an ornament for an animal in the shelter. Their special Christmas wish list is located on the back of the ornament.
Stuff a Stocking for Foster Care
Please help Embrace Treatment Foster Care ensure the children in our program have a happy and magical holiday season. Collection will take place thru Dec. 11. Drop off your donations at the Fred Nats Team Shop! More information.
Toys for Tots
Runs through Dec. 13. Most needed items include board games, sports balls, Nerf products, LEGO and craft kits. For a list of local toy drop-offs: https://quantico-va.toysfortots.org
Walmart for Good
Help area children have a great holiday season with your online donation of a new toy or gift cart to a family in need. Choose from local charities, such as The Angel Tree Project and The Rainbow Child.