- Category: Top Ten Tuesday
If you're anything like us, the day doesn't begin until you've had your coffee! It's the jet fuel we need to jump start our morning, or get us through the afternoon slump. If you're looking for a place to grab a cup on your way to work, meet up with friends, power up before shopping, or just looking for a place to knock out some work, we've got just the thing! Here's our list of favorite places to grab coffee in Fredericksburg.
Please note: These are in NO particular order. We love them all too much to possibly choose favorites.
Top Ten Places To Get Coffee In Fredericksburg
1)2530 Espresso- Is located Downtown right across from the VRE. With a welcoming atmosphere, free wifi, fantastic pastries, and a small toy bin for the littles, this place makes for a perfect meet-up spot, place to hunker down and work, or pit stop on your way to pick up the train. 2530 Espresso is constantly furthering their education on coffee and strives to always improve their brew and brew skills.
2)Hyperion Espresso- Is right in the heart of Downtown, Fredericksburg, on the corner of Princess Anne St. and William Street. Their outdoor patio makes for some of the best people watching in the city! We highly recommend meeting a good friend for one of their many coffee options ( maybe with a cookie), sitting outside, and soaking up all that Fredericksburg has to offer. If you’d rather knock out a few projects with a cuppa, they also have wifi.
3)Keystone Coffee and AutoSpa- Need to get your car washed or detailed? Why not do so over a delicious latte and artisan sandwich? No time for a carwash? They have a drive through as well! It’s like they’re thought of everything! The best part? They’ve located right next to Carl’s. It’s like a win-win-win, guys.
4)Blackstone Coffee- This a great little coffee shop to hit up before taking your little ones to The Children’s Museum! Located in The Eagle Village, next to Home Team Grille, it’s also a great little oasis for Mary Washington University students and facility! Their coffee beans are sourced from Central and South America, Indonesia, and Africa, and are ground fresh at the shop. Stop by for a cuppa fresh ground deliciousness!
5) CLOSED Griffin Bookshop And Coffee Bar- A hidden gem of a coffee bar right in the middle of the city! I mean, is there a better pairing than coffee and books? Come on in, grab a steaming cup of joe, and get lost in all the literature that Griffin Books offers.
6) Carme Espresso- Is a great place for small groups to meet and people to work or study! They have a sunroom that can be reserved for small groups (9 or less) and free, unlimited wifi. While you may initially go for the great coffee, you will definitely return for their delicious selections of homemade pastries, sandwiches, vegan and vegetarian items, and variety of gluten and wheat free options. They really do have something for everyone! Carme Espresso is located in The Hilltop Plaza, on Courthouse Rd., Spotsylvania.
7) Eileen's Bakery And Cafe – From-scratch. Artisan. Pastries. Everyone needs a little treat now and then, and a pain chocolat with your fresh coffee is totally an indulgence worth having! We highly recommend sitting in their courtyard on a nice day, and unwinding with a book. This is also a great place to grab a small brunch and chit chat.
8) & 9) If you are looking for a plate of eggs and toast with your morning brew, Amy’s Café (open for breakfast only on weekends) and The 2400 Diner are two places to totally need to check out. These restaurants are well known for their old school comfort food and friendly, unhurried staff. These are perfect spots to bring the kids (though, The 2400 Diner tends to have a wait due to it’s smaller size and legendary food), eat a casual brunch, or enjoy a lazy weekend morning.
10) Foode- If you ask people where to go in The ‘Burg for brunch, just about every local will say, “Foode.” The mimosas are amazing, the chicken and waffles can’t be beat, and the egg sandwiches are well worth waiting in line for. HOWEVER, that’s not why they are on this list. They are here because their after-dinner coffee is TO DIE FOR. It’s big, sexy, and worth popping in for, for no other reason. Hyperion may have supplied the joe, but Foode totally took it to another level with vanilla icecream, caramel, whipped cream, and crunchy salt!
Of course, the best things in life can be found right at home. Try some of the amazing latte recipes we’ve pinned onto our "Sweets and Treats" Pinterest board! Let us know which one’s your favorite.