- Category: Top Ten Tuesday
We love Thanksgiving! Do you know what else we love? You guessed it: Leftovers. It's been a few days, though. The same old plate of mashed potatoes, turkey, and stuffing is starting to get played out. Now, we are firm believers in reducing food waste. There's no way we're tossing out perfectly good food! So what is there to do? Hit up Pinterest for ideas (duh)! Here are our 10 favorite ideas. Check out our Thanksgiving board for more tips.
Pssst... Please take a moment to browse all the lovely blogs that made this post possible!
Top Ten Ideas For Thanksgiving Leftovers
1) Thanksgiving pizza- Kind of a fun alternative to the classic pot pie.
2) Soup! – What better way to start the holiday season than with a big ole pot of soup? It freezes well, too! How? Just transfer a meals worth into freezer bags. Let them cool to room temp than pop them in the freezer. Be sure to label them with a sharpie, first! To eat, simply defrost and warm to your preferred temp.
3) Bone broth aka Turkey stock – You can use this in just about everything, not just soup! You can even just drink it as is. Bone broth is chock full of nutrients!
4) Breakfast hash- The perfect after Thanksgiving breakfast option… turkey, veggies of your choosing, diced potatoes, and topped with an egg. Check out a full recipe via the link. We love eating this with a little Sriracha!
5) Freeze it! Several Thanksgiving favorites freeze really well. We’re looking at you turkey, ham, bread rolls, gravy, sweet potatoes, and assorted casseroles.
6) Egg rolls- Soooo tired of turkey, but don’t feel like trekking to the grocery store? We hear you! Try these egg rolls. Different enough to get you over the turkey rut, but still using up leftovers so less food waste. A win all around
7) Turnovers- It’s like a fancy turkey hot pocket. Perfect to dip in leftover cranberry sauce.
8) All the sandwiches- You know what we mean.
9) Send leftovers home with people in these adorable containers – Hosting this year? Share the love! Send people home with goodies in containers adorned with these cute (free!) printable, from I Heart Naptime.
10) Turkey pot pie – Hey, it’s a classic for a reason. Pot pie like a great big hug in a pie crust.
Written by Brenda Sapanghila