- Category: Top Ten Tuesday
Parenting is tough! It's all too easy to put seemingly little things, life self care, on the back burner. While rain checks sometimes can't be avoided, there are a few things that you should try to never postpone.
Top Ten Things To Never Postpone
2. Setting up your 401k- There are few things in life more powerful than compound interest. Do your future self a favor and start saving now!
3. Oil changes- Guys, we are all guilty of putting this off. It's so simple and inexpensive. Not changing your oil can cause hundreds of dollars in damage to your car.
4. Family pictures- For some reason, this is something that we can never remember to schedule. It's also something you'll never regret doing!
5. Date night- With kids, work, and the ten million other obligations screaming for our attention it's easy to overlook the importance of date night. Take time to have fun with your partner. Needs ideas? Here are ten stay -at- home date night ideas and a few local ones.
6. Asking for that raise/promotion you’ve earned- It's not always easy to be your own advocate, but it's so worth it. Take a deep breath, hold your head high, and leap forward!
7. Standing up for yourself- Never ever let someone treat you in a way that you do NOT want to be treated. The time to stand up and make a change is now. You got this.
8. Calling a friend to catch up- When was the last time you spoke with your best friend? I'm not talking about texting or Facebook Messaging. I mean the real deal. Slice out a little time tonight to call them. It's good for the soul.
9. Five minutes of tiding up- Okay. Here us out on this one. Clutter is stressful. Thinking about having to clean the whole house is overwhelming. You know what though? You can get A LOT of decluttering done in just 5 minutes. Give it a whirl before you go to bed. Set a timer and go nuts while brushing your teeth. You'll be hooked!
10. That thing you’ve always wanted to do… You know what I’m talking about- That little idea you have poking you in the back of your mind. The one that's been pestering you to come to fruition for years. There is no time like the present to start making it a reality. "Never give up on a dream just because if the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale
written by Brenda Sapanghila