Color us crazy, but we think setting goals is one of the best parts of ringing in the new year! Everything feels so fresh, new, and full of possibility. There are a few little tricks we know to help achieve goals. Here are three big ones... Make them measurable, realistic, and tell others about them. That last part is where you all come in. Studies have shown that if you tell others about your goal, your chances are of success are higher. Let's call it a little bit of good peer pressure. Feel free to join in the fun by commenting here or on Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram with your goals, too!
Top Ten (or twelve...) 2017 Goals!
Karen, Webmaster, -
- Get better at cleaning my house (or learn how to use my nose like Samantha on Bewitched).
- Listen to my first podcast.
- Visit my sister in Hong Kong
Stephanie, Operations -
- Learn to balance- my body, my responsibilities, my checkbook...
- Smile more.
- Do a bit of service every day.
Debra, Blogger, Writer, Enewletter -
- Increase my running distance (going to try to do the SemperFive in May. Eek!).
- I would also like to try to go with the flow more when it comes to my son getting older and more independent.
Brenda, Social Media Manager -
- Learn how to do a handstand.
- Take the kids to Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens (We’ve never been!)
- Run the Turkey Trot at Thanksgiving
- Try SUP (stand up paddle boarding) for the first time.
Any tips for increasing running milage, headstands, or stand up paddle boarding? How about podcast reccomendations, or ideas for random acts of kindness/service? Let us know in the comments or on social media!
Happy New Year!