Fall is in the air and so is romance… Maybe? Do you and your loved one need a little pick me up? Stuck in a rut? Don’t have time to even find a rut to get stuck into? Never fear! We’ve rounded up ten great ideas for date night in Fredericksburg. So call the babysitter, find something clean to wear, and get ready for some fun!
Top Ten Fall Date Night Ideas 2016
2) Snuggle up to an outdoor movie- “Movies In The Park” is BACK! We’re so excited to announce that Hurkamp Park will be showing back-to-back Halloween movies, on Oct 22nd. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown will be shown at 6:30 pm and Hotel Transylvania at 7:00! Grab a picnic dinner, a thermos of hot cider, your loved one, and enjoy.
3) Pick up a hot beverage and check out the scarecrows- This year, downtown is hosting “The Scarecrows Are Coming” contest from October 8 – 31st. Over 30 downtown businesses will be decorating scarecrows and window displays in hopes of winning a sweet trophy, a spot in Fred Parent Magazine, and $200. We can’t wait to see what creative, spooky, and hilarious scarecrows appear this year.
4) Sweat – Go for a run together on one of Fredericksburg’s many trails or take a class together at a local gym. Nothing gets the blood pumping better than a good old fashioned workout!
5) Enjoy a tasting- There are four craft breweries in Fredericksburg (Spencer Devon Brewing, Red Dragon Brewery, Adventure Brewing South, and Maltese Brewing). Stop in for a leisurely flight and enjoy each other’s company over a few local brews.
6) Create something – Ponshop, Liberty Towne Arts, and When Pigs Fly all hold art classes and we’re not just talking about painting. You can take classes on blacksmithing, woodworking, pallet art, decorating skateboards, and more.
7) Listen to local live music- There are several opportunities to enjoy live music here in Fredericksburg. Check out Fredericksburg Today’s website for weekly updates.
8) Make it a date weekend- Go big or go home, right? Why not stay at one of The ‘Burg’s Bed and Breakfasts and be a tourist for the weekend? Date night shouldn't be limited to just one night.
9) Peep some leaves - You know you wait all year for the leaves to change color. There's just something so nostalgic and downright magical about it. So go ahead and indulge yourselves. Drive up to Shenandoah National Park and take in the season in its full glory.
10) Stay home- You read that right. Sometimes the best dates are the ones where you drop the kids off with the sitter and chill out at home.