*Agora Downtown Coffee Shop's scarecrow from Scarecrows Are Coming 2015
Isn't Fall amazing? Fresh crisp air, boots, pumpkin spice everything...There are so many fun things to look forward to. It was so hard to narrow this week's list down to just ten items! From outdoor movies to leaf peeping, we have a little bit of Fredericksburg -in -the -Fall for everyone! So let's grab a salted caramel mocha and a fluffy blanket, and snuggle into this week's Top Ten!
Top Ten Fall FXBG 2016 Events We Love
1. 2nd Annual "The Scarecrows Are Coming!"- We can't WAIT to see what the downtown shops come up with this year! Every one really hit it out of the park creatively, in 2015. It was so hard to choose a favorite! This year will be extra exciting since we have a few new businesses who may take part in the event. Check back on our Facebook Page and website, and Fredericksburg Downtown's Facebook Page for more details as they come.
2. Treats On The Streets- 2015 was our first year co-hosting Treats On The Streets. We have to say... it was epic! This year we hope to help make it bigger, better, and as effortless as ever. That's what we're all really looking for as parents, right? Come out for an afternoon of trick-or-treating (11:00am - 2:00pm) October 29th, at participating stores downtown. There will also be several fall themed festivities and an activity packet, at Riverfront Park. More details will be coming!
3. Movies in the Park- On October 22, The City of Fredericksburg Police Department will be showing "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" at 6:30pm, followed by "Hotel Transylvania," at 7:00pm, in Hurkamp Park. Grab a blanket and the family and enjoy!
4. Hiking and looking at the fall foliage- There are so many great family friendly trails in and around Fredericksburg. Be sure to take the family out for a long walk or hike while the leaves are peaking.
5. Pumpkin Picking- Belvedere Plantation, Snead's Asparagus Farm, Braehead Farm, Miller's Farm... There are so many pumpkin patches to choose from! Check out our guide for details!
6. Via Colori®- On Oct. 8th- 9th, come to downtown Fredericksburg and check out this colorful, fun event. Per their page, "Via Colori®, The Street Painting Festival, is a signature special event which raises funds for not-for-profit organizations throughout the United States. Via Colori® brings together artists, volunteers and businesses with non-profit agencies in a unique community project to raise money each year for important social causes. Via Colori® Fredericksburg will feature over 100 artists creating 3D and 2D images on Charlotte and Sophia Streets near the Riverfront Park in downtown Fredericksburg."
7. Coker Family YMCA Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot- We can't think of a better way to start Thanksgiving than with a family run! Not a runner? Not a problem. This really is a fun, laid back race. You may even see someone running dressed up as a turkey! There is a 1 miler and half miler available for the kiddos and of course a 5k for the adults. Register here.
8. Fredericksburg Farmers Market Harvest Festival- You all know how much we love the Farmers Market! The highlight of the Harvest Festival has to be the little pumpkin patch where the kids can pick a pumpkin and decorate it. Of course, there will be lots of great vendors too. Follow their Facebook Page for more info as it becomes available.
9. Fall Menus- Delicious pies, hearty stews, and savory meals... We can't wait to see what our favorite downtown restaurants will be cooking up this season. Hello, date- night!
10. Babies in sweaters- Okay. Soooo this isn't really Fredericksburg specific, BUT come on! How adorable are babies and toddlers in big wooly sweaters? You know you wait all year for it!