We are still in the Summertime spirit over here at Fred Parent! That doesn't mean we're not a little worried about what the heck we're going to do with the kiddos all summer. To put our minds (and yours!) to ease a little, we rounded up 10 fun things to do around Fredericksburg. The best part? Most of these are FREE! What are you looking forward to doing the most this summer?
Top Ten Summer Activities In FXBG
1. Vacation Bible School – Most area VBSs run from 9:00am – 12:00pm for a full week and are free! Check out all the different options in our VBS List.
2. Summer Camps – Fredericksburg is full of summer camps. Art, sports, the outdoors… there’s something for everyone.
4. Summer Movies – Fred Parent is so excited to be sponsoring $1 movies at Regal Fredericksburg 14 and free movies at Paragon Village 12 Theater. Check out our events list on our Facebook Page!
5. Picnic In The Park – Bring a blanket and picnic to Hurkamp Park and enjoy live music, lunch and playtime! Event takes place on Tuesdays at 11:30am, weather permitting (I’m looking at you month of May!).
6. Story times – The library is such a great resource for families! One of the many things we love about them is the story time program they offer for various age groups!
7. Sounds of Summer Concert Series – Starting June 3rd this year, The Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center is bringing back Sounds of Summer! “The 15-week concert series will feature a free public concert every Friday night from 7:00 – 9:00 PM in historic Market Square located at 907 Princess Anne Street. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy family-friendly music by local and regional bands.”
8. Hiking- Fredericksburg is home to several great family friendly trails. The Facebook Page, On The Fredericksburg Trails, is a great resource for information.
9. Farmers Market - The Farmer's Market takes place every Saturday morning, at Hurkamp Park, during the summer. Grab some fresh, local produce, a cup of coffee and even a scone. Let the kids run around a bit while checking out some of the vendors and artists. Remember your reusable bags!
10. Bowling - When it's too hot to play outside, go bowling! Splittsville offers $2 games and shoes rentals, on Tuesdays.