I know it's been cold and wet oh, the entire month of May. We promise though, summer is coming! Still not feeling it? Here are 10 of our favorite things about the season to get you in more of a summertime mood!
Top Ten Best Things About Summer
1. The days are longer. - There is nothing worse than leaving work when it’s dark outside. Longer days mean more time to play, visit with neighbors, and soak in all that glorious mood boosting vitamin D! The one con… Trying to put little ones to bed when it’s still light outside!
2. So much produce. So much! Soon, the Farmer’s Markets will be bursting with fresh fruit and veggies. We’re counting down the days until watermelon season!
3. Did we mention the beach? Because let’s talk about the beach – One of the best things about Fredericksburg is its location to the coast. You can be in Virginia Beach or The Outer Banks in an afternoon. Nothing says summer like sandy toes and salty skin.
4. Summertime means no more packing lunches, looking for lost homework, or discovering someone has a major project due tomorrow that they never started. Let’s all just take a minute to let that sink in. Whew! I feel relaxed already.
5. Sandals and shorts > boots and heavy jackets. Always.
6. Summer movies! The most exciting blockbusters hit screens in the summer. There’s just nothing quite like a cold theater on a sweltering summer day. Pssst… We’re sponsoring $1 movies at Paragon and Regal theaters this summer. Stay tuned for details!
7. Long days at the pool – Let the kids play and while you enjoy a new book or catch up with friends. Some of our favorite childhood memories took place at the pool. Oh, the nostalgia!
8. Food tastes better from the grill (or campfire)- We don’t know why. It’s magic.
9. Ice cream cones– Okay... So this isn't a summertime only treat BUT let's be honest, it tastes a million times better in the summer!! We think the hot weather gives you the perfect reason to indulge a little bit. Just remember to keep things balanced!
10. Fireflies! There is nothing sweeter than watching your kids catch fireflies. It just stays with you.