Autumn is such a romantic time of year. The smell of falling leaves and bonfires... Chilly air perfect for snuggling... Hearty stews and sweet desserts... It's perfect! Take advantage of the season and everything that Fredericksburg has to offer with a date night (or day date)! Grab a sweater and your special someone, call the baby sitter, and get ready for some fun!
Top Ten Fall Date Night Ideas In Fredericksburg
1) Outdoor movies at Hurkamp Park- We are so excited that this year, Hurkamp Park will be showing back-to-back Halloween movies! Grab a blanket and a thermos of hot cider, and head to Hurkamp Park Sat, Oct 24 for FREE movies! It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown at 6:30 pm, Frankenstein (1931) at 7:30 PM.
2) Walk Downtown and spot the scarecrows- October 10-31st, Downtown shops will be participating in a scarecrow decorating contest! Stroll downtown and check out all the amazing scarecrows in window displays. You can vote for your favorite online at FredParent.Net, or with ballots.
3) Pick a pumpkin- It's the classic Fall date. Spend an afternoon choosing the best pumpkins in the patch. Carve them when you get home, or make them into soup!
4) Try a pumpkin spice latte and yummy pastry at 253O Espresso or Agora Downtown Coffee Shop- Nothing screams Autumn like pumpkin spice. Not a fan? Try one of their other seasonal drinks!
5) Take a hike- Okay, Fall is gorgeous in Fredericksburg! Get outside and soak it all in.
6) Have a morning date at the Farmers Market- We love brisk fall mornings! Stroll the farmers market hand-in-hand and savor all the beautiful fall produce. Grab a basket full of bumpy gourds, bright apples, and dusty sweet potatoes. Psst... The Fredericksburg Harvest Festival is Oct 3! There will be a mini pumpkin patch, face painting, fall decorations for sale and more!
7) Wine tasting- It's harvest time! Several local wineries are having festivals and celebrations. Check out our calendar and start planning, now. Cheers!
9) Go to a University Of Mary Washington sporting event- Let's not forget, Fredericksburg is also a college town! What better spend the evening than cheering on our home team? Go Eagles!
10) Try a Downtown restaurant you haven’t been to yet- Come on. You know there are about 5 different restaurants that you keep meaning to try, yet you always end up at your usual place. Branch out and try something new this Fall! You might even find your new favorite restaurant!