Can you believe it's almost August?? It feels like everywhere we look people are prepping for fall, including us at Fred Parent. We are working hard on our big Back To School Expo and School Supply drive. Before we get too caught up in all the back-to-school excitement, however, let's be sure we're taking time to really enjoy the summer. Here are 10 easy summer bucket list ideas you can knock out before fall gets here.
Top Ten Last Minute Summer Bucket List Ideas
1) Catch fireflies- The perfect summer tradition! So simple and so sweet.
2) Try a fun summer drink- There are so many fun alternatives to Kool-Aid®, lemonade, and iced tea. Try one of these ten beverages and let us know what you think!
3) Make s’mores- It's not summer until you have roasted a marshmallow! Can't get to a bonfire? Try making them in a microwave.
4) Catch a free Paragon movie- Paragon Village 12 theater is showing FREE movies every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this summer, starting at 10:00am, through August 20th. The first week of August, Paragon will show "Book Of Life" Aug. 11-13th will be "The Croods." Last, they'll show "Epic," Aug. 18-20th.
5) Visit a new pool- Find yourself hitting the same pool every week? Shake things up a bit and try a brand new (to you) place!
6) Join the Central Rappahannock Regional Library's summer reading program. It’s not too late! Record the minutes your kids spend reading or being read to, and win prizes!
7) Take day trip to DC or Richmond- Visit the Smithsonian or hang out at The Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. Fredericksburg is perfectly located between both amazing cities. Take advantage of it!
8) Have yard sale- Clean out all the extras and clutter, and make a little money while doing it!
9) Camp out in the backyard- Can't plan a big camping trip? Spend Saturday night in the backyard! Look at the stars, cook hotdogs, and sleep in tents. Bonus: If someone decides at 1:00 am that they are DONE, you're already at home.
10) Have a water balloon fight- This is such a fun way to cool off and get the kids outside! Be sure to pick up all the little bits of balloon afterwards.