Nothing says summertime like a day at the pool. Not only is Fredericksburg home to several family friendly pools, it's also about an hours drive from big, exciting waterparks! We've rounded up a few of our favorite local pools and three waterparks you definitely need to check out this summer!
Top Ten Pools And Waterparks.
1) Rappahannock YMCA pools- You guys voted the YMCA pools a Family Favorite for a reason! Each YMCA branch offers a pool for open swim, water therapy, swim lessons, swim teams, and American Red Cross certifications! Visit them online for branch pool descriptions.
2) Massad YMCA Waterpark- Boasting a super fun splash pad, zero-depth entry kiddie pool, puddle jumpers, and water slides of all sizes, the Massad YMCA has really put a lot of thought into meeting the needs of families at all stages in life. Season and day passes are available
3) Dixon Park Pool- Located in Fredericksburg City, Dixon Park Pool has waterslides, a zero-depth entry wading pool, and is FREE for city residents. Dixon Park Pool also hosts several family friendly events during the summer.
4) Curtis Park Pool- Love to swim? Curtis Park Pool has an Olympic size swimming pool with diving area, a zero-depth entry wading pool with water umbrella, swim lessons, and a concession stand.
5) Loriella Park Pool- Loriella Park Pool is the classic community pool we all grew up with. Including swim lanes and a separate baby pool. Loriella Park Pool is available for birthday parties. Note: They are a cash only pool. Please check their website for daily fees.
<p6)Chancellor Swim Club - Chancellor Swim Club is private swim club located on Route 3. Amenities include a 25-yard outdoor pool, fence-enclosed baby pool, newly renovated pool house, snack bar, basketball and volleyball courts, and ample parking. Swimming lessons, pool rentals, and movie nights are offered throughout the season.
Woodlands Pool & Splashpad- Looking for a splashpad for the kids? Check out Woodlands Pool & Splashpad off of Garrisonville Rd! Note: The indoor pool is open year round, while the splashpad of only available during the summer. Woodlands Pool & Splashpad is also available for birthday parties.
If you don't mind a drive...
Pirate's Cove, Lorton, Va- Pirate's Cove has a large pirate themeed structure with a 300- gallon dumping bucket, spraying palm trees, large pool, spacious tot pool with clam shell slide, and Buccaneer Beach- a large sand play area.
9) Soak City Water Park at Kings Dominion, Doswell, Va- Soak City Water Park is a whopping TWENTY ACRES and has water activities for all ages; including exciting water slides, a wave pool, chutes, and Splash Island. Splash Island is a splash pad with slides designed for young children.
10) Atlantis Water Park, Centreville, Va- Atlantis has it all.. Large pools, a 1,000 gallon dumping bucket, waterslides, water squirters, great food, souvenirs, and kids activities!