Hey Fred Parents! Spring Break is right around the corner. Since many of you are choosing to stay in town this year, we thought it'd be helpful to compile a list of things to do locally or within an hours drive. Have a great break!
Top Ten Local Spring Break Ideas
1. Spring Break Camp! There a several to choose from right here in Fredericksburg!
2. The Home Opener for Richmond Flying Squirrels, is April 9. Hotdogs and baseball, guys. We are just one step away from summer.
3. Hike Alum Springs Park. Love Alum Springs, but looking for somewhere new? Check out our top ten list of area parks and go explore! Make a point to get outside every day.
4. Take a trip to George Washington’s Birthplace, in Westmoreland County. See the farm animals, walk around the historic site, and take in the beautiful views.
5. Visit Maymont. Tour the gardens, visit the mansion, take a class, and have a picnic.
6. Plant a garden with the family. Not a greenthumb? Check out our Pinterest board for a little “pinspiration!” and helpful tips. Bee sure to include a few plants for our pollinators!
8. Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. Feeling a little adventurous? The Cherry Blossom Festival is happening now through April 12th, in DC. Take the metro in and make a whole day of it.
9. Let your kids run a yard sale. With a little supervision of course, let them choose items to sell, determine the price, create posters, negotiate, and then donate any unpurchased items afterwards. Bonus points for a lemonade stand!
10. Try a new class. Mommy-and-me yoga or Pitaiyo, painting, pottery, kombucha making, fly fishing… There are so many awesome businesses in The ‘Burg that offer fun classes. Learn something new, make memories, and support our local economy!