So you finally remembered to call the babysitter and lo! She's actually free this weekend! All the stars have aligned and it looks like you and your sweetheart are finally going on a much MUCH needed date-night. Sooo... What do you do? Instead of falling into the same old routine, why not try something new? We came up with ten fresh ideas to keep the fire alive and keep some money in your wallet, too. Have fun!
Top Ten Date Night Ideas In Fredericksburg
1.Try one of our stellar, local restaurants-I know this is an obvious choice, but are so many great restaurants in Fredericksburg, we had to include them in this list! Make sure to make reservations ahead of time and don't forget to check out some of the new places that have opened these past few months.
2. Stay at a Bed and Breakfast- Maybe just for the weekend, or even just one night. Getting out of the house for 24 hours can be so rejuvenating! This one will take a little more planning, but it will be oh so worth it.
4. Take a wine and art class- Paint a picture of a Fredericksburg landmark, throw a pot, try your hand at skateboard art or mixed media, and kick back with a bottle of wine and your loved one. The Ponshop and LibertyTown Arts offers classes like this all year round.
5. Take a carriage ride downtown- Could this be any more romantic? Olde Towne Carriage Tours even offers flower and candy service for $20 (Includes a single, wrapped rose and specialty chocolates.)! I mean...
6. Get a couples massage- Not in the mood to break a sweat or get dirty? We get that. Why not take a few plays off and get pampered with your loved one? Just relax… Skin Touch Therapy has a couples package that would be perfect for Valentine's Day.
7. Go bowling- Seriously. Sometimes there is nothing better than just goofing off with your sweetheart and eating cheese fries. Not into cheese fries? Splittsville offers a pretty impressive menu and a small bar. You can even catch a movie afterwards if you're feeling spontaneous, the babysitter is feeling generous, and you want to keep the date going (pppsssst: Movies are $6 on Tuesdays!).
8. Learn to cook something new- The Kitchen at Wittingham and The Dr. Yum Project offer a variety of cooking classes year round. Looking for something a little different? 2530 Espresso now offers home barista classes and Kickshaws Downtown Market hosts workshops on everything from making bone broth to fermentation.
9. Visit a brewery or vineyard – Okay, so technically this is more of a day-date and not a date night, but we had to add it! Did you know there are several craft beer breweries near Fredericksburg and even a few vineyards? Spend an afternoon sipping, snacking, and if you're lucky maybe even catch some live music. Don’t forget your growler!
10. Go on a ghost tour. - Looking for something a little more out of the box? Try a Ghost Tour! It's no secret that there are several ghosts running amok, in Fredericksburg. Join a Ghosts Of Fredericksburg Tour (2015 dates aren't listed on their site, at the moment) and hold hands through haunted streets and buildings in The 'Burg!