- Category: Top Ten Tuesday
This has been such an intense flu season. Everywhere you turn, someone else is sick! Have the cooties gotten to you, yet? If you do find yourself in the unfortunate position of being so sick you can’t get out of bed, may we suggest...
- binge watching TV shows.
While we would love to reach through the screen and hand you a hot cup of tea, that’s physically impossible. We do however, have a killer list of shows that would be great to binge watch while sick. Behold!
Top Ten Shows To Binge Watch When You’re Sick
1) Stranger Things- Sure you feel miserable, but you’re going to be glad you’re stuck in bed for hours once you really dive into this show! Think sci-fi meets, x-files, meets Goonies. It’s good. “In a small town where everyone knows everyone, a peculiar incident starts a chain of events that leads to the disappearance of a child - which begins to tear at the fabric of an otherwise peaceful community.”
2) Gilmore Girls- Brain candy. Sweet, sweet brain candy. Get sucked into the sugar coated Stars Hollow drama while you’re waiting for those decongestants to set in.
3) 30 Rock- Tina Fey is amazing. That is all.
4) Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman- Every episode of this guilty pleasure is available on Amazon Prime. Hours upon hours of Sully’s outrageous bangs. You can thank us later.
5) Call The Midwife - “Based on the memoirs of Jennifer Worth; the story follows twenty-two year old Jenny, who in 1957 leaves her comfortable home to become a midwife in London's East End.”
6) Sherlock- This absolute masterpiece consists of three or four 90 minute episodes a season. Well written and provocative. Perfect for those who want something a little more substantial to binge on.
7) The 100- Exciting, suspenseful, and maybe just a little cheesy. “Set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, when a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth in hopes of possibly re-populating the planet.”
8) Always Sunny In Philadelphia- Funny and irreverent. Be sure the kids aren’t in the room when your binge session begins!
9) Stand Up Comedy— Ali Wong: Baby Cobra. Do you need a good laugh and brain candy? Of course you do! You're sick in bed. Enter: Stand Up Comedy. Netflix is loaded with one hour comedy specials. If you’re not easily offended and your kiddos aren’t around, we recommend Ali Wong: Baby Cobra. Hilarious!
10) Fixer Upper - America's sweethearts, Chip and Joanna, can make anyone feel better with their goofiness, creativity, and superb taste. Bonus points for being a family friendly show.
* All synopses are from IMDB