Planning for the start of a new school year can set the tone for how that year will turn out. The concept of a vision board has been around for generations but has gained a renewed popularity in alleviating stress in school children.
• Create a list of intentions with your child. List hopes for the upcoming school year. Write each on separate strips of colorful paper and glue to poster board.
• Collect visual images to go with the list of intentions.
• Add decorative handmade paper scraps and fun stickers to the poster board.
• Decorate vision board using paint, markers, crayons, or colored pencils to add shading, doodling, drawings, and your child's personal touch.
• Let the board dry overnight then hang in a place where your child can view every day, like the back of her bedroom door for daily reinforcement.