B101.5 and AM1230 WFVA Win 7 Virginia Association of Broadcasters Awards
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA – Centennial Broadcasting II, LLC Fredericksburg, Virginia stations, Hot AC WBQB (B101.5) and Adult Standards AM 1230 WFVA, won 7 awards at the 75th Annual Virginia Association of Broadcasters Awards Banquet, June 22nd, 2012, at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel.
WBQB won the following awards in the Medium Market category:
- 1st Place - Outstanding Website – www.b1015.com
- 1st Place - Best Station Promo/Contest – B101.5 Kids Convention
- 1st Place - Best Public Service/Community Event – Breast Cancer Awareness "Pinktober"
- 2nd Place – Best Morning Show – Chris and Dee in the Morning
WFVA won the following awards in the Medium Market category:
- 1st Place - Outstanding News Series: Changed World: The Impact of 9/11 Here
- 1st Place - Best Commercial: Chrysler Of Culpeper – "Pile of Window Stickers"
WFVA won the following award among all radio divisions:
- 1st Place - Best Documentary – 9/11: Ten Years Stronger
"This is a true testament to the top quality talent we have at our radio stations", said Tom Hamilton, WBQB/WFVA Market Manager. "We work hard every day to serve the Fredericksburg community and it's sensational to see that dedication recognized by our peers in the industry."
B101.5 and AM1230 WFVA are owned and operated by Centennial Broadcasting II, LLC, headquartered in Clemmons, North Carolina.
For more information, contact:
In Photo: The WBQB/WFVA award winners (L-R): Kristin Nash (Midday Host), Dee Daniels (Morning Show Host), Bill Carroll (Production Director), Sean Quinn (Events/NTR Director), Ted Schubel (News Director), Trapper Young (Afternoon Drive Host), Chris Centore (Morning Show Host), Chuck Archer (Operations Manager)