Hey all you spunky mamas who are ready for summer! After my post last week, several of you messaged me and said “Hey! I want your list of your top-camp-experiences!”
So, after five summers of fun around the greater Fredericksburg/Stafford/Prince William Area, here are my personal favs! We haven’t necessarily participated every year, but we did dip our toe in their goodness at least once and each experience was completely delightful!
Here they are, The Top Six Wanderer-Women-Approved Camps:
- Winshape Summer Camp (http://camps.winshape.org/camps-for-communities/) WinShape Camp provides a professionally trained staff to help create the most meaningful, unforgettable and fun-filled day camp experience you’ll find anywhere. With 21 track times (archery, basketball, cheerleading, crafts, dance, fast food, flag football, girl world, gymnastics, journalism, lacrosse, man land, musical theater, painting, secret ops, sewing, soccer, construction, wacky science, yard games) my girls talked about going back to Winshape for the entire school year! It is an unforgettable, must-do day camp experience! (Grades 1-5, partial and full scholarships available)
- Dr. Yum’s Cooking Camp (http://www.doctoryum.org/kids-cooking-class/) The kitchen design alone is worth the price of admission. You feel as if you have walked onto the set of an HGTV show. Dr. Yum provides kids with a cooking and tasting class that focuses on a healthy, plant-based diet. Class begins with tasting different types of plant foods and learning about their different health benefits. Students will then prepare one or two dishes while learning basic cooking skills. Mom or dad arrives at the end of the day to taste their new homemade creations! Added bonus: kitchen-clean-up is done by the kids! (Ages 7-12)
- Christ Chapel Academy Day Camp (http://christchapelacademy.org/my-cca/summer-camp/) Each kiddo participates in a wide variety of activities including swimming, a field trip to coordinate with their week’s theme and plenty of outdoor play and activity! The staff is fantastic and my girls left this day camp blissfully happy and eager to go back the next day! (Completed K\kindergarten through completed Grade 8)
- Summer Adventure Camp (http://www.mtararat.org/get-involved/kids/events) This camp is for your younger kiddos. When my daughter was younger, she ADORED being able to go to a camp like her big sister! This camp offers two separate weeks of fun: June 27- July1 & August 8-12. Choose one week or both weeks…whatever works for your schedule! Camp is from 9am to 2pm each day. It’s a fantastic week of fun and exciting age-appropriate activities. It’s a must-do for your younger kiddos! (Ages 3 through kindergarten)
- CYT, Christian Youth Theater (http://www.cytfredericksburg.org/camps/) CYT Musical Theater Summer Camp is one of the most affordable quality musical theatre camps in Northern Virginia. There are camps offered throughout Spotsy/Fredericksburg/Stafford. In the morning, campers rotate to a variety of theater classes including dance, drama & voice taught by qualified instructors. After lunch, summer campers play exciting games before they come together for showcase rehearsal. All campers perform in the musical theater showcase at the end of the week, featuring a variety of songs, dances and drama. This experience is so much fun for my kids! (Ages 4-18, camps are broken down by ages; check the website for the camp that best fits your child’s age range)
- Gymnastics Camp at Stafford Gymnastics and Recreation Center in Falmouth (http://www.staffordparks.com/index.aspx?nid=117) The level of excitement my girls had during this camp surprised me! They adored every single second of it! They loved their coaches, their friends they made and they truly learned so much about gmnastics in five days. The days are structured with gymnastics instruction in a fun age-appropriate environment. My girls left feeling confident and excited to experience more!
There it is, parents, our list!
I hope you are able to find something great for your child to experience this summer!