- Category: Organizing Through Life
- Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2016
Recently I spoke to about 50 women on the topic of downsizing.
It was awesome to see heads shaking, heads bowing, some laughing and others raising their hands in agreement to my comments.
The first question that I asked at "The Art of Downsizing" was, "Who here thinks that they have too much stuff?" Every hand in the room went up! This confirmed my suspicion...we are a materialistic society and we are tired of living cluttered live.
Here are the three main struggles of downsizing:
1. What to do with everything - sorting, purging and eliminating is emotional and physical.
2. What to keep for the new home - because I don't really know what I will "need."
3. How to get it all done - because I am only one person (and my spouse really just thinks I should be able to do it all by myself).
My response to these questions were:
Downsizing is not just for the elderly who are moving into assisted living or a nursing home. It is for the baby boomer generation who bought one of those "mansions" about 8-10 years ago (because that was what everyone was doing). They are tired of having to maintain the home, tired of walking up and down the steps for everything and most of all...they just want a simpler and stress-free life.
Downsizing will help you create the life that you want and deserve. #simplelife #minimalistic
Linda's passion is to help you live a comfortable life - without clutter, stress and drama. Since 2007 she has been organizing homes and offices to help create functional spaces.
For more information about how you can get organized, visit her website @ organizationdirect.com.