Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I’m sure you are looking forward to all of the delicious foods that come with this holiday, I know I am! Turkey, stuffing, green beans and mashed potatoes will all fill our plates and our belly’s but we don’t want our waist lines to fill out too!
Want a fun workout that will work up a sweat but can also be used for Thanksgiving dinner? Each year at Stroller Strides we have a Canned Foods Specialty Class. All of the girls bring two canned goods, we work out with them and then donate them to a local food bank. This year our Canned Goods class will be on November 20. Hoping to collect a lot of cans this year! If you want to join us we hold classes Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings at 9:45 in Kenmore Park.
Grab two cans from your pantry, the heavier the better! Once you have your cans it’s time to workout! Perform each exercise listed below using the cans as your weight and repeat each exercise twice.
· Start in squat position and do arm circles while holding the cans in each direction for 30 seconds in each direction.
· Holding cans in each hand perform 15 front raises.
· Start at the end of the room performing walking lunges while passing one can between your legs until you get to the other end, turn around and come back.
· Get into a wall sit position, place the can between your knees and hold for one minute.
· Stay in the wall sit position for another minute, this time holding the can straight out. This one really burns the legs and arms!
· Hold the cans in each hand, perform 20 bicep curls and 20 reverse bicep curls.
· Place one can on the ground. For a little cardio burst perform toe taps on the can for 1 minute.
· For an upper body and lower body burn hold the cans in each hand. Perform 20 reverse lunges while doing an overhead press.
· This exercise will work your core! Hold one can over your chest while performing 25 sit ups.
· The last exercise will also get your core burning! Sit in a V sit position performing a Mason Twist, this time instead of using a weight you will use your can moving it side to side.
Now that you’ve finished your two sets you can grab your can opener and start Thanksgiving dinner for your family! Once your workout is done, kick back and relax and don’t feel guilty about that extra piece of pumpkin pie!