Now that school is back in session, my days are more hectic. It seems as if we are running between school drop offs, playgroups, sports practices and games and trying to keep up with our normal daily chores of packing lunches and folding laundry. How about you; sound familiar? If so, I know all of this doesn’t leave much time for you, especially when it comes to working out.
When you don’t have a lot of time, the best way to get the most out of your workouts in is performing a HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workout. Last week we just started our newest session of Body Back, an 8 week results based workout program that involves healthful eating and HIIT workouts. The women in the program dedicate themselves to 8 weeks of healthy lifestyle changes and numerous intense workouts during the week.
Even if you aren’t involved in the Body Back program you can follow these tips and workout at home. Try to follow these healthy living tips below and incorporate this 12 minute HIIT workout four times a week and you will feel great.
- Drink 64 oz of water a day
- Use a food journal to log your food during the day, writing it down will make you more accountable.
- Eat high volume foods that have a lot of nutrients. Here are some examples of high volume foods, beans, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, apples, bananas, blueberries, kiwi, oranges, peaches, pineapple, strawberries and watermelon.
- Eat protein, this will keep you feeling full longer.
- Try to be physically active everyday.
Before you start your workout stretch thoroughly and have a timer nearby. This workout is a Rounds HIIT workout. You will complete each round two times completing each exercise for one minute. Each round involves a cardio, strength and core exercise.
Round 1-Jumping Jacks, Squats, Plank
Round 2-Mountain Climbers, Tricep Dips, Crunches
I’m sure you will love the effectiveness and speed of a HIIT workout, it will definitely get your heart pumping and sweat pouring and give you the energy to get through the rest of your day!