Beat the Heat!
We all know that sticking to a workout routine is hard to do but take 100 degree heat and it makes it that much harder! With all of the heat and humidity it can be miserable to just walk to the mailbox every afternoon but with beach trips and dips in the pool we definitely want to stay in shape!
Of course you can work out inside to get a great workout but why not use the heat outside to burn some extra calories and work up a big sweat? Remember being healthy requires work and sometimes a little discomfort, grab your tennis shoes and get the most out of your summer workout!
If you are working out outside during the summer it is best to start early or work out in the evening when there is a little relief from the sun and high temperatures. This is also a great time to incorporate a workout with your little one; they need a little fresh air too!
Here are some great tips for an outdoor summer workout with your baby:
• Sunscreen for both mom and baby. They make many different sport sunscreens so you won't sweat it off.
• A great product to keep baby cool in the stroller are Chilly Pads that can be purchased at www.chillypads.com or on Amazon. You might be working up a sweat but baby will stay cool!
• There are clip on fans that can be attached to the shade of your stroller to give baby a little relief.
• If you have an older child in the stroller grab a spray bottle and fill with water, give them a few spritzes throughout the workout, they love it!
• A water bottle filled with ice, a refreshing drink for both mom and child.
Follow this 30 minute cardio and strength workout that can be done in your neighborhood or park. Do three sets of the following and in between each set walk or run for five minutes.
10 Push Ups
20 Sit Ups
50 Jumping Jacks
30 Calf Raises
20 Lunges (10 on each leg)
***Neal Family Update***-I am so happy to announce that we added a baby girl, Elle to our family on May 16. The entire family is doing great and adjusting well to the new arrival. Having a second child is much easier than I thought it would be, the major change I have noticed so far is that we can never get out of the house in a reasonable amount of time making us later than we usually are!! I guess we have the rest of the summer to work on some time management skills!